The Application extension gives you access to some additional application options that aren't availble in the default AIR SDK.
The simple API allows you to quickly customise top level UI elements, such as status bars, in just a few lines of code.
You can use the device information to identify a user, change UI based on operating system, determine device manufacturer and other device specific information.
The user defaults can be used to save user settings in the native user databases, having all the advantages of using the native system for user settings.
We provide complete guides to get you up and running quickly and easily.
- Display Modes:
- Immersive fullscreen on Android;
- Better fullscreen;
- Device orientation events regardless of UI lock;
- Device power save and idle mode with change events;
- Device unique id and options to store;
- Improved application activate / deactivate events;
- Access to the Android Alarm Manager;
- Set the status bar colour on Android;
- Customise your application based on the device information;
- Save defaults (simple data values) using:
- SharedPreferences on Android;
- NSUserDefaults on iOS;
- and SharedObject on unsupported platforms
- iOS Keychain;
- Settings Bundle and Preferences;
As with all our extensions you get access to a year of support and updates as we are continually improving and updating the extensions for OS updates and feature requests.