The Media Player extension allows developers to display a native media (audio or video) player
in your Adobe AIR application.
This extension provides functionality to display and control the native media player.
Using the native media player gives you native performance and standard controls for
playback of device supported media. The simple API allows you to quickly integrate
video and audio playback in your AIR application in just a few lines of code.
Identical code base can be used across all platforms allowing you to concentrate on
your application and not device specifics.
The extension provides the ability to create, position, resize and control playback
of media. It supports all formats that the native video player supports, which does
vary slightly between platforms. Using native functionality to playback video will
significantly increase the performance of the playback.
It provides both a media/video player with UI and an audio player (without UI).
We provide complete guides to get you up and running with dialogs quickly and easily.
This ANE can be used to alleviate the ANR issues
with Adobe AIR on Android.
Using a combination of the audio player for longer sounds such as music and the sound pool
for shorter sound effects.
- Use multiple independent audio and media (video) players;
- Create, position, resize and full screen the video players;
- Autoscaling of media content;
- Control playback, with play, stop, pause and seek controls;
- Background audio with iOS command center / Android notification controls;
- Sound Pool (Android only) allows quick playback of short sound effects;
As with all our extensions you get access to a year of support and updates as we are continually improving and updating the extensions for OS updates and feature requests.